Comments & Complaints

We always aim to deliver a safe, caring and efficient service to all of our patients; but if you feel that this has not happened, then we would want to know about it, so that we can address the area causing concern and put things right.


Patients may make a complaint or comment on the provision of our services in writing to the Practice Manager – Mrs Louise Smith.

Please see below our procedure for the investigation of complaints

Mrs Louise Smith, Practice Manager, coordinates the complaints procedure on behalf of the practice.

Your complaint should be submitted as soon as possible after the event giving rise to your concerns. Your complaint will be investigated by the Practice Manager or The Partners of the Practice.

Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing within three working days and a report on the investigation will be sent to you within 30 working days. If the investigation is to take longer than 30 days, you will be informed together with the reasons for the delay. On completion of the investigation you will be given a full explanation.

Your complaint will in no way have any impact on the treatment you receive from clinicians and administrative staff at the Practice. You can be assured that YOUR care is our priority

A full copy of the complaints procedure can be obtained from the Practice Manager at the surgery or by downloading the Complaints Procedure here.


We have a suggestion/comments box in reception or you can give us feedback on our website.  All suggestions are shared with our Patient Participation Group – Barton Patient Group (BPG).  The Friends and Family Feedback is also published on our website.

You can make your complaint to the practice or directly to NHS England (but not to both) should your complaint not be resolved to your satisfaction you can then contact the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) contact details below.

NHS Primary Care Complaints

Should NHS patients wish to complain about primary care services, they can take their complaint to either the provider (such as the GP or dental practice) or their local Integrated Care Board (ICB).

The Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent Integrated Care Board website (more information here) has full details of how to make a complaint about primary care services.

If patients are not satisfied with the way their complaint has been dealt with by the provider or commissioner, they can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone:0345 015 4033